Wednesday, May 4, 2011

FOREVER GORGEOUS

 Vionnet.
 Madeleine Vionnet
(June 22, 1876 – March 2, 1975)
A French lady also called the "Queen of the bias cut", makes me feel sorry I wasn't born 90 years earlier to see her raw talent live. It absolutely fascinates me how contemporary her designs look decades later. I love her creations, I respect her courage to innovate and I adore the fact that the dresses she made are forever gorgeous. 
My fav! It's also on phone as wallpaper!

Evening Dress Spring/Summer 1938. Yes, 1938!


Here are some pictures I took yesterday from this fashion album: 

To prevent fraudulent copying Vionett's right thumb was added to her label from 1923.


superb details
Another amazing dress made in 1933, the picture for the add is made in 1936. 
M. Vionnet would first make the model of the dress on a miniature doll. 
 From the stiffness of corsets and society to fluidity, motion, elegance and freedom. A true creator, a true inspiration!
And in the end a drop of wisdom from Madame Vionnet herself "when a woman smiles, then her dress should smile too." 


I wish you a wonderful day filled with smiling dresses:)!
xoxo
Liv

PS: Next inspiring post: The "prince of haute couture"! 




1 comment:

  1. interesant stilul, elegant, dar rochii ceva mai scurte nu a facut ? :D

    ReplyDelete